[mythtv-users] troubles after upgrading mariadb

Klaus Becker colonius47 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 19:23:28 UTC 2021

> I think you are confusing the default port MariaDB/MySQL listens on 3306
> and the default port the backend listens on 6544?
>
> There are two different servers involved the DB server and the
> mythbackend server both on different ports both have to configure
> properly for a frontend to connect.
>

> Paul H.

I tried several times with 6544 for frontend without success.

I used 3306 for several years successfully, and even now frontend tells
me that the default port is 3306.

I really don't understand. Here my two config-files (I only change the
pwd, but it is the same in both files):

$ cat .mythtv/config.xml
<Configuration>
   <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>
   <Database>
     <PingHost>1</PingHost>
     <Host>localhost</Host>
     <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
     <Password>mythtv</Password>
     <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
     <Port>6544</Port>
   </Database>
   <WakeOnLAN>
     <Enabled>0</Enabled>
     <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
     <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
     <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
   </WakeOnLAN>
   <UPnP>
     <UDN>
       <MediaRenderer>c310791c-1dfd-4510-9c3e-b007e3093191</MediaRenderer>
     </UDN>
   </UPnP>
</Configuration>

# cat /etc/mythtv/config.xml
<Configuration>
   <Database>
     <PingHost>1</PingHost>
     <Host>localhost</Host>
     <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
     <Password>mythtv</Password>
     <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
     <Port>6544</Port>
   </Database>
   <WakeOnLAN>
     <Enabled>0</Enabled>
     <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
     <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
     <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
   </WakeOnLAN>
</Configuration>

Klaus