[mythtv-users] 15 Years of MythTV Goodness

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Nov 22 08:28:59 UTC 2021

On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 21:54:44 -0500, you wrote:

My MythTV box:

Number of shows:
    7015
Number of episodes:
    86120
First recording:
    Sunday November 29th, 2009
Last recording:
    Monday November 22nd, 2021
Total Running Time:
    11 years 11 months 23 days 17 hrs 14 mins
Total Recorded:
    8 years 6 months 4 days 2 hrs 28 mins
Percent of time spent recording:
    71%

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select count(*),sum(filesize)/1024/1024/1024 as
"filesize (GiB)" from recorded;
+----------+--------------------+
| count(*) | filesize (GiB)     |
+----------+--------------------+
|    49762 | 96120.698589148000 |
+----------+--------------------+
1 row in set (0.058 sec)

My first MythTV recordings started in May 2007, but I had a database
crash and reinstalled at the above date.  I still have about 60 files
of recordings from before the crash in a videos directory that I have
never watched.  I am not sure how it gets the 71% recording time - I
am sure there are longer gaps than just 29% per day.  But it is a busy
machine - 5 DVB-T tuners and 5 DVB-S2 tuners, with 7 recording drives
and another 6 for archival storage (powered down when not in use).  I
tend to record everything I might ever want to watch, just so as not
to miss anything.  And for a long time I was also recording from my
satellite service for my mother, but now the DVB-S2 tuners are SAT>IP
and she can record from them directly on her MythTV box.

My mother's MythTV box:

Number of shows:
    1956
Number of episodes: