[mythtv-users] 15 Years of MythTV Goodness

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 01:17:46 UTC 2021

Although I first installed MythTV a long time ago and bought two cheap
AverMedia single tuner analogue PAL cards for the purpose, I never did get
around to fully configuring it and putting the system into production use.
I ended up using those AverMedia cards in separate machines for occasional
real time TV viewing on those computers instead.

What interests me about other people's statistics is that often the number
of shows is quite low, while the episode count is high.  It's different for
me as I watch a lot of one-off documentaries, plus British series/seasons
usually contain far fewer episodes than those of the US, although I thought
the US was trending downward in that area in more recent times?  I know
from watching some past US shows that ~25 episodes per season used to be
common.

I don't watch too much US stuff these days, not because I don't like it,
but I just don't have the time with all the British stuff I watch.  I do
record a number of US animated comedy shows and archive them for future
watching (The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad! and Bob's Burgers).  They
actually distort the episode count considerably on my system, as they
currently account for 1371 of the 5939 episodes recorded.

Number of shows: 1472Number of episodes: 5939First recording: Monday June
18th, 2018Last recording: Sunday November 21st, 2021Total Running Time: 3
years 5 months 4 days 21 hrs 58 minsTotal Recorded: 6 months 3 days 15 hrs
40 minsPercent of time spent recording: 14%

--
Cheers, Ian