[mythtv-users] c++ question regarding FFmpeg 4.4.1

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 01:16:24 UTC 2021

Scott

I am looking through your commits in the ulmus-scott/rebase/4.4m2
branch. They look good. I built with that version and it works the same
as the devel/ffmpeg-syanc branch. So I think I can move forward and
apply these as patches to a clean ffmpeg, and this will give us
something to bisect and attempt to determine where the problem lies.

David - Scott had labeled one commit, see below, as Possibly
unnecessary. Does this make sense? I don't know what it means to put the
definition in an extra set of parentheses. If it makes no difference I
would rather remove this change. The fewer changes we have to re-apply
each time there is a new FFmpeg, the better.

libavcodec/mpegvideo.h

-    uint8_t (*p_field_select_table[2]);
-    uint8_t (*b_field_select_table[2][2]);
+    uint8_t *p_field_select_table[2];
+    uint8_t *b_field_select_table[2][2];

Peter