[mythtv-users] troubles after upgrading mariadb

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Fri Nov 19 01:40:37 UTC 2021

On 19/11/2021 04:48, Klaus Becker wrote:
> Am 18/11/2021 um 21:26 schrieb Klaus Becker:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use Debian unstable, frontend worked fine for a long time. I only
>> watch german tv.
>>
>> But recently mariadb changed from 10.5 to 10.6 and I lost my database
>> "mythconverg". I got a message that told me that the db cannot be
>> upgraded automatically and that I have to restore it manually. Un
>> fortunately I did not pay attention.
>>
>> Finally I deleted the new db created by mariadb and created an empty
>> db with the same name "mythconverg".
>>
>> I backuped my db in september, but since this time, I did not use
>> MythTV very often and the db probably did not change very much since
>> that time. I watched and then deleted some recordings, but I have no
>> new recordings since a long time.
>>
>> So I restored my db  with
>> # qmysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < /home/klaus/mythconverg.sql.
>>

> Finally I did a channel scan successfully, but it did not change
> anything.

G'day,

run a mysqlcheck to make sire the DB is OK.

Have you upgraded mythtv since the backup, I wonder if the schema
version that mythtv requires is not matching the version you have restored?

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\