[mythtv-users] troubles after upgrading mariadb

Klaus Becker colonius47 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:26:34 UTC 2021

Hi,

I use Debian unstable, frontend worked fine for a long time. I only
watch german tv.

But recently mariadb changed from 10.5 to 10.6 and I lost my database
"mythconverg". I got a message that told me that the db cannot be
upgraded automatically and that I have to restore it manually. Un
fortunately I did not pay attention.

Finally I deleted the new db created by mariadb and created an empty db
with the same name "mythconverg".

I backuped my db in september, but since this time, I did not use MythTV
very often and the db probably did not change very much since that time.
I watched and then deleted some recordings, but I have no new recordings
since a long time.

So I restored my db  with
# qmysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < /home/klaus/mythconverg.sql.

It worked, but I have several troubles:

- Media Library is empty (No recordings available). The path to my
recordings is correct. "Watch Videos" works". I can also see old
recordings and their informations.

Group Filters shows my groups and recordings, but when I choose a group,
it is empty.

- I cannot watch tv: "All tuners are currently busy".
However in setup I can see the channel list. It took a long time to
configure my personal channel list and I am afraid to loose all this
work if I try to update channels.

- Mythweb says
User Notice at /usr/share/mythtv/bindings/php/MythBackend.php, line 111:
!!NoTrans: Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION '91': !!

Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/bindings/php/MythBackend.php, line 157:
!!NoTrans: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0!!

User Notice at /usr/share/mythtv/bindings/php/MythBackend.php, line 133:
!!NoTrans: Failed to set php timezone to B!!

This is too hard for me.

I hope you can understand my problem, it is not easy to explain it.

Sincerely

Klaus