[mythtv-users] Status of ffmpeg 4.4.1

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:37:03 UTC 2021

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 10:57 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> The extra compile dependencies, libsoundtouch and libzip-dev should be
> installed if you run the latest ansible script.
>
> bullseye uses libcec6 and  libzip4. I have added those as alternatives in
> the packaging script. Please try again and see if that solves the problem.
>
> Peter

So it builds clean and the deb installs clean.  My test RPI4 is overclocked
to 2Ghz and running on a USB3 SATA SSD.

Initially looking at different HD videos from OTA HDHR tuners is working
fine.  I'm using OpenGL Low Quality profile and very little jitter in the
FPS using the menu playback data. Most of the time on interlaced stuff it's
30+/- 0.02, but sometimes jumps to 0.15.  Non-interlaced is better than
that.

Only issue right now is audio. I tried to test the upconverting that you
fixed, but my setup was a Sony TV connected via HDMI to the RPI4 and so
Stereo was all I could get. Changing it to 5.1 caused mythfrontend to
lockup when I tried to play a video.  I figured it would just work without
any 5.1

I need to test on a real 5.1 system in my den next.  RPI4 audio is always a
pain.  Getting it back to stereo without an error required me to try
different audio devices and then set it back to the right one for it to
start playing again.

But this is the best picture on a RPI4 I've seen; very usable.  Now that
the fake KMS driver is no longer supported on Bullseye, it is nice that it
all comes together.

When I test in the Den I'll also have access to a 4K at 60 TV along with the
5.1.  I'll report back.

Jim A