[mythtv-users] Status of ffmpeg 4.4.1

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:00:38 UTC 2021

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 12:06 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/16/21 9:59 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 9:47 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 9:40 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Answer below, but I'll tell you specifically how I did the test.
>>> 1. git checkout master
>>> 2. git clean -xfd
>>> 3. cd mythtv
>>> 4. ./configure --prefix=/usr
>>> 5. make -j 8
> [...]
>>> MythTV Version : v32-Pre-2984-g57a388e222
>>> MythTV Branch : master
>>> Network Protocol : 91
>>> Library API : 32.20200101-1
>>> QT Version : 5.12.8
>>> Options compiled in:
>>>  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
>>> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
>>> using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
>>> using_satip using_vbox using_ceton using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
>>> using_gnutls using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc
>>> using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
>>> using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11
>>> using_libbluray_external using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
>>> using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
>>> using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_drm
>>> using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
>>> using_libass using_libxml2
>>>
>>> Jim A
>>>

>> if I do the reverse and git checkout devel/ffmpeg-resync I get this
>> version:
>> jim at pop-os:~/build/mythtv/mythtv$ mythfrontend --version
>> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>> MythTV Version : v32-Pre-2988-g076bc592b6
>> MythTV Branch : devel/ffmpeg-resync
>> Network Protocol : 91
>> Library API : 32.20200101-1
>> QT Version : 5.12.8
>> Options compiled in:
>>  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
>> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
>> using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
>> using_satip using_vbox using_ceton using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
>> using_gnutls using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc
>> using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
>> using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11
>> using_libbluray_external using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
>> using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
>> using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_drm
>> using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
>> using_libass using_libxml2
>> jim at pop-os:~/build/mythtv/mythtv$
>>
>>  Now I get audio on the stereo station with upconvert to 5.1 set.
>>
>> Maybe my git clean -xfd didn't remove enough of the residual stuff for
>> the complete master to get rebuilt??
>>
>> JIm A
>>

> to test out a bad rebuild, I deleted my complete mythtv directory and did
> the git clone again.  Same results. Master fails on upconverting stereo but
> devel/ffmgep-resync works fine.
>
> Jim A
>

> It certainly looks like you have everything correct. Perhaps I need to
> re-test my master build.
>
> The git clean -xfd is perfect. That will give a clean build.

As a further test I decided to test devel/ffmpeg-resync on Raspberry Pi OS
64 bit and found the following:

You need to add packages libsoundtouch-dev and libzip-dev.  The build of
mythtv-light on ffmpeg-resync built okay, but when you try
sudo apt install
./mythtv-light_test_32~Pre-2989-g1147ad9a91-0_arm64_bullseye.deb

You get the following have unmet dependencies:
mythtv-light depends: libcec3 but it is not installable or
                                   libcee4 but it is not installable
                    depends: libzip5 but it is not installable.

It seems Bullseye has libcec6. Also libzip-dev is already version 1.7.3-1

Unless I solve this I'm stuck.  I can build mythtv-light fixes/31 and it
works great on 64 bit bullseye

Jim A