[mythtv-users] how to fix 1 station's channel information?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 16:34:17 UTC 2021

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 11:18 AM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> The need to part of the video group is not at all new.  It has been
> around as long as I have been using MythTV.

I've always installed using either the mythbuntu distro or using the ubuntu
PPA, so I'm assuming a lot of things get done for you by the installation
scripts.  It could be that on my Production backend I installed as user
'mythtv' and it didn't add the normal user 'jim' to the video group.  Hard
to guess after this many years.

I know that on my test system that gets blown away weekly, that I never had
to add any user to any group.  The first time I run mythtv-setup it adds
'jim' to the mythtv group and makes you logout or reboot.

In my test system all setups are done as user 'jim ' and all XMLTV or
mythfilldatabase is run as user 'mythtv'

Of course, the production backend is the only one with an actual PCIe tuner
so things may be different in that case.

Either way, it was an easy recovery.

Jim A