[mythtv-users] how to fix 1 station's channel information?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:05:40 UTC 2021

I've discovered a problem with my OTA TV channel information.  It seems
that station 28.1-3 no longer has its own broadcast frequency.  It's now a
sub-program of other stations.  I discovered this while trying to fix tuner
issues with a test Combo BE/FE using HDHR tuners.  The problem exists on my
production BE using a Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD PCIe card. I have not done a
rescan of that tuner since the FCC repack a few years ago.  My test system
is always rescaning since I don't care what is lost.

My first action on the production backend was to rescan channels, but that
was a disaster. At that point the system could not even find the tuner
card.  So I restored the database to the nightly backup and things are fine
now except for that one channel I can't get anymore.

Here is a list of channels as hdhomerun_config_gui reports:
output of hdhomerun_config_gui

Tuner physical channel Program Sig. Strength Sig. Quality Sym. Quality

1074C841 8 17.1-4, 28.2 88 100 100

9 11.1-4, 28.3 90 90 100

15 50.1-3, 54.1 100 100 100

17 5.1-3, 34.1 100 100 100

18 22.1-4, 28.1 100 100 100

20 4.1-4, 30.1, 43-1 51 70 100

22 40.1-6 60 76 100
Hopefully you can see that 28.1, 28.2, and 28.3 are spread out on other
main physical channels.

I thought rescaning would have been the right way to fix this, but it must
not be.

Any advice would be appreciated.

JIm A