[mythtv-users] Status of ffmpeg 4.4.1

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 01:03:31 UTC 2021

On 11/15/21 5:49 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
> So here was the sequence.  After testing with ffmpeg-resync with the
> latest pull, I checked out Master again and git clean, etc. and
> rebuilt. On that version when I tuned to a station that only broadcast
> in Stereo, it had the popup in the frontend with the RED X. I forgot
> the exact message, but figured it was the same as before.

If you run the frontend with -v libav,audio, the error that was
appearing with ffmpeg-resync before I fixed it was this

2021-11-03 14:43:28.698565 E  [ac3_fixed @ 00007fb5939a5c00] Specified
sample format s16p is invalid or not supported

It seems that s16p was no longer supported in the new ffmpeg version. I
switched to format FLT (float) to fix it and switched to codec ac3
instead of ac3_fixed.

I suspect you may be getting some other error.

Peter