[mythtv-users] Status of ffmpeg 4.4.1

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 22:49:44 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 5:08 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote

> I just rebuilt master with the latest of everything and tested the
> upconvert and it worked fine. You may have something else wrong in your
> setup. Note that it is the frontend that is affected, so to test it you
> need to run a ffmpeg-resync build of mythfrontend. What is the error you
> get?
>
> Peter

So here was the sequence.  After testing with ffmpeg-resync with the latest
pull, I checked out Master again and git clean, etc. and rebuilt. On that
version when I tuned to a station that only broadcast in Stereo, it had the
popup in the frontend with the RED X. I forgot the exact message, but
figured it was the same as before.

Now, I'm back on ffmpeg-resync and things are fine with stereo
upconverting.  I've mostly been playing with antenna aiming and tuner
issues today.  I think that is mostly resolved and I'll keep watching
regular recordings with ffmpeg-resync to see if I have any issue.  Right
now I can't see any problems.  I do a lot of skipping commercials manually
60 seconds at a time and on my ASRock Ind 1165G7 NUC it's very quick and
the picture is very stable except with the VAAPI I mentioned earlier.  I'm
back to using OpenGL High Quality now.

Jim A