[mythtv-users] ffmpeg-resync

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 22:39:56 UTC 2021

I have today's merged version 076bc59 on two Fedora 34 boxes with nVidia
GT 710 cards.  One is 2-core Intel, one 4-core. When using VDPAU for
both decoding and deinterlacing, playback and skipping look excellent
for me on previously recorded UK DVB-T/T2 content with a valid
seektable.  I have seen  occasional very brief pixellation on skipping,
but overall it looks good to me.

Strangely, the 2-core box has a 'VDPAU High Quality' decoder setting
while the selector on the 4-core box has only 'Normal' for VDPAU. The
first card says it is PCIe Gen1 with a 64-bit memory interface, while
the 2nd is Gen2, 32 bit.  In the past I tended to use NVDEC, because I
thought that was the way to go...

HTH

John P