[mythtv-users] macOS Mythfrontend builds Poll

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:47:28 UTC 2021

> On Nov 12, 2021, at 8:48 AM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Currently I build MythFrontend for High Sierra, Catalina, and Big Sur. As I'll soon be upgrading my development machines to Monterey, I'll be building for that macOS version plus up two others (I unfortunately do not have the time or resources to support building on more than 3 OSes).
>
> I'd like to poll this group on what other 2 version I should build for:

> High Sierra 10.13
> Mojave 10.14
> Catalina 10.15
> Big Sur 11
> My current thoughts were to build for
> High Sierra 10.13 (oldest I can support and works on mojave)
> Catalina 10.15 (works on Big Sur but poor graphics)
> Monterey (not optional 😁 )
> Any preferences from the users on this mailing list?
> _

I have an iMac M1 24” running Monterey and have no problems running the same version of MythFE v31.0-100-gea0831c74a on it as I do on my Mac mini(2019) with Core i5 six core running Big Sur. Rosetta 2 is a wonderful thing on my M1 iMac!
I do run it in a 1280x720 window on both machines so there is no stress on either one when running.

Side note: the only thing I have had to give up on the new M1 iMac is virtual box. Most Everything else I use has an M1 port, or works perfectly with Rosetta 2.

I do have a 2007 iMac as well as a 2010 Mac mini, but they have been converted to linux, and running the latest versions of ubuntu on them as they are both 64 bit processors.

Big Sur and Monterey are my current choices
I won’t be worrying about current Mythfe I am running until such time as I need to upgrade to future v32.

Regards.