[mythtv-users] Status of ffmpeg 4.4.1

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:02:08 UTC 2021

I'm curious about this in light of my mythtv-frontend PC in my garage. I'm
rebuilding it weekly as a piece of hardware that isn't critical and I can
test anything on it prior to using it on something important.

I currently have Archlinux on it and it's version of ffmepg is 4.4.1. The
AUR package for mythtv that tracks v31 rebuilds mythtv from the github
source.

Is that going to use ffmpeg 4.4.1 with mythtv fixes/31 and screw up? Not
critical, but I use Arch to teach me about stuff that most distros hide
from you.

Jim A