[mythtv-users] mythweb error

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:45:45 UTC 2021

On 11/2/21 10:21 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:59 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Did I miss something?
> I am guessing that some did not fully read
> the release notes for 21.10 where the default
> php is now php 8.0 (to prep for the 22.04 LTS
> release next year).  Mythweb does not
> support php 8.0, and unless someone
> contributes fixes it likely never will, as mythweb
> is marked as deprecated to be replaced with
> a new (and improved?) internal web service
> in the next release.
>
> I believe it is possible to install a previous
> release of php (7.4?) in 21.10 using a 3rd
> party repository, but an alternative may be
> to just build a container with apache and the
> backlevel php along with mythweb.

Thanks, I didn't make the connection between all the versions of
underlying software that goes into a release/application.

My problem is my hardware is too new for *buntu 20.04 so I have to find
a balance between release and kernel version.

I know that Linux Mint 20 will work if I use the 5.11 kernel. I think it
uses the older php 7.*

I did try localhost:6544 and that worked but at this point can't do what
mythweb can do.

Thanks again,

Jim A