[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct - two program feeds

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri May 28 09:00:56 UTC 2021

> On Thu, 27 May 2021 22:31:51 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I just got Schedules Direct set up (kind of) in xmltv. I'm noticing it is
>> feeding both my channel feeds to both my input sources, which means my
>> broadcast tuners crash when they try to change channels to cable channel,
>> and vice versa.  I tried using the Channel Editor to remove the conflicting
>> channels from the wrong source, but mythfilldatabase brings them back each
>> night.
>>
>> Is there a solution for this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>
> There is a command line option for mythfilldatabase:
>
> --only-update-guide
>
> I run mythfilldatabase from a script where I use that, but I believe
> you can add options for mythfilldatabase in the MythTV settings
> somewhere if it is being run automatically by mythbackend.
>
> If you run mythfilldatabase from a script, you can also specify the
> sourceid so that the updates are only done for one source, by using
> the "--sourceid <x>" option.  So you could run mythfilldatabase twice,
> once per source, if you ran it from a script, and only load the data
> in each run that is relevant to that source.
>
> See "mythfilldatabase --help" for all the options.

I let the myth backend run mythfilldatabase here, using schedulesdirect information, and I don't
have to do any of that.

I have two sources with completely different lineups and there is no cross-pollination at all. I
don't use "--only-update-guide" or other options either. It all "just works".

I would respectfully suggest that the OP has some kind of configuration problem.

--

Mike Perkins