[mythtv-users] Recordings not working

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Tue May 25 17:00:05 UTC 2021

On 25/05/2021 16:38, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> Have you considered adding in something like
>
>      db.setConnectOptions("MYSQL_OPT_RECONNECT=1");
>
> to ask Qt (well, the MySQL connector) to automatically
> reconnect?
>
> Something equivalent was done in the zoneminder
> plugin at one point (if my memory is not totally
> misremembering).

mythzmserver doesn't use Qt so connects to the ZM DB through the client
library. It does set the reconnect flag but for reliability it still
periodically kicks the DB by sending a dummy "SELECT NULL;" query. It's
very possible that kicking the DB is not required anymore with newer
versions of the client library but I've not tried it.

Paul H.