[mythtv-users] Recordings not working

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat May 22 11:39:50 UTC 2021

On Sat, 22 May 2021 17:58:43 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> >Interesting. Take a look at the forum posts here:
>> >
>> >  https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4453&p=21893#p21895
>> I also had an incident just like that on the 16th - MythTV v31-fixes
>> failed to record all day until I noticed in the evening.  The log
>> showed lots of SQL errors.  There was a new version of MythTV waiting
>> to be updated to, so when I noticed the problem, I installed the
>> update and rebooted.  Looking at mythbackend.log now, I can see that
>> there were three more short periods where there were some more SQL
>> errors logged, but it seems to have continued working properly after
>> those incidents.  I think there were two more updates installed since
>> the day it failed to record.  My guess was that there was a bug that
>> caused the problem which was fixed by the update I installed when I
>> found the problem.
>> I am using MariaDB, so if my problem is the same one, it is unlikely
>> that both MySQL and MariaDB would be causing problems at the same
>> time, so the problem is likely in MythTV rather than the database
>> servers.
>
>Thanks for your responses. The issue described in the forum post link
>you sent sounds like the same as mine.
>
>It happened again yesterday, but today all was fine. So I'm still not
>sure what's going on.

My mother's MythTV box had it yesterday, but mine has been fine since
I rebooted it.  I am keeping an eye on them to see if it will happen
again.  As best I can tell from the logs, the problem happens when the
scheduler runs, and after that the scheduler never works again, so
there are no scheduled recordings.  This feels like a new MythTV bug,
so someone should create a bug report for the developers to have a
look at it.