[mythtv-users] mythfrontend crashing code 139

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat May 8 19:00:49 UTC 2021

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 10:05 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> not sure what to do, but I started getting this after I changed from vaapi high quality deinterlacing to medium quality. I ran it from the console.  This is a new NUC ASRock 1165G7 with Intel GFX. I'll go back to OpenGL standard for now, but thought I'd report.

I do not know the current status for Xe support, but some
number of months ago Intel Xe graphics reportedly
needed later kernel support (and likely some other intel
driver/media components) than ubuntu LTS was
providing.  You may need to install ubuntu's OEM kernel.

For testing purposes, perhaps install ubuntu 21.04.