[mythtv-users] mythlink.pl

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri May 7 03:51:02 UTC 2021

On Thu, 6 May 2021 17:55:59 -0500, you wrote:

>I have 0.31/fixes of mythtv on debian buster. I am trying to get
>mythlink.pl to work and it refuses. First, it needed several packages,
>and I installed all of them. Now it runs, but reports that it does not
>support the database schema. Specifically,
>> ~/bin/mythlink.pl --link .
>> Database schema 1361 not supported.
>> Bindings support schema version 1350
>
>How do I help it further to work with schema 1361?
>
>Ramesh

The word "schema" does not appear in the mythlink.pl source code, so I
looked for those messages in the MythTV Perl bindings (in
/usr/share/perl5 in Ubuntu) and found them in MythTV.pm there.  So
that suggests that you have an old version of the Perl bindings
installed that does not match your main MythTV version.  In Ubuntu,
the package is "libmythtv-perl".