[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver DB problems. Was: doesn't start:...

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Thu May 6 21:40:50 UTC 2021

On 06/05/2021 03:00, A. F. Cano wrote:

> On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 05:05:13PM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> Don't know how comfortable you are with compiling your own source but
>> because mythzmserver can be complied standalone without needing MythTV or QT
>> to be installed you could easily  compile a newer version that has support
>> for ZM 1.32.3 and just replace your existing mythzmserver with the newly
>> complied one.
>>

>> You would  grab one of the releases from
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/releases and unzip the source.
>>

>> You would then change into the mythzmserver directory and do the 'make -f
>> Makefile.standalone' and then copy the mythzmserver executable over your
>> existing one. No need to compile the rest of MythTV it's not needed.
> That was easy!  Got it compiled and running in minutes.  I now get the
> live view, but the image is stretched vertically.  The one camera is
> running in Monitor mode and the ZoneMinder Console shows it with
> Function "Monitor [R]" and Source "/dev/video0(0) [S]"  is it normal
> for the source being "[S] Stopped"? It seems that the console is just to
> see the status and nothing can be controlled from it, right?
>
> What configuration do I need to do to get the live view with the proper
> aspect ratio?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Augustine

With a camera highlighted you can press MENU (M) to show a dialog where
you can enable/disable a camera or change it's function Modect, Monitor,
Record etc just like you can do in the ZM web interface. You can also
toggle on/off the notification function. If your camera is using one of
the functions like Modect that detect motion then when ZM changes it's
status to Alert or Alarm MythTV with show a popup showing the camera.
Can be useful to see when there is activity on a camera but can get
annoying if you get a lot of false alarms caused by wind/rain etc. Also
unfortunately the current architecture of the MythTV video player means
the popup wont work when playing something :(

The aspect ratio thing is a known problem. Back when the plugin was
created most if not all camera's captured in 4:3 aspect ratio. I think
it was only when ZM added support for IP cameras some of which can
capture at 16:9 did it become a problem. Since it's not something that
really bothers me I've not really looked in detail at what needs to be
done to fix it properly. If you only have one camera and it always
capture in 16:9 you could probably just make the size of the image in
the theme you use have an aspect of 16:9 for now.

Paul H.