[mythtv-users] mythtv and zoneminder cameras

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed May 5 11:37:30 UTC 2021

On 05/05/2021 12:17, Doug Lytle wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I've tried to do this also, I'm still on .29 and found information on setting up a network tuner with a m3u file, but I was not able to get it to work.  The contents of that m3u is
>
> doug at desktop:~/Desktop$ cat playlist.m3u
>
> #EXTM3U
>
> #EXTINF:0,501 - Back Yard
>
> rtsp://camera1.drdos.info/live.sdp
>
> #EXTINF:0,502 - Driveway
>
> rtsp://camera3.drdos.info/live.sdp
>
> I have 2 cameras that I can use VLC to stream, so I tried to add channels 501 and 502 to Myth.
>
> I can select those a channels in Myth, but it does not provide a video stream.
>
> I'd be interested in this as well, but do not know for certain if my version of Myth is compatible.

Ah, sorry. Forgot to include my version:

mythtv at jade:~$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v30.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.11.3
(snip)
mythtv at jade:~$

I'm using Debian Buster and the deb-multimedia repo.

I really do have an upgrade on the 'to do' list but time, etc. and it isn't (yet) broke.

--

Mike Perkins