[mythtv-users] tmdb3 python bindings: how best to report bugs

Doug Scoular (dscoular) dscoular at cisco.com
Wed May 5 06:04:54 UTC 2021

Hi,
	I think I've found a bug in the latest MythTV tmdb3 python bindings (fixes/31).

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/b2ed400037de11c7e5546381e60cc9de7b1e15eb/mythtv/bindings/python/tmdb3/tmdb3/lookup.py#L138
MythTV/tmdb3/lookup.py, line 138:
    if loc_posters[0].language != locale_language \
                    and locale_language != system_language:

	I guess the fix would be to change MythTV/tmdb3/lookup.py, line 138 to:

    if len(loc_posters) and loc_posters[0].language != locale_language \
                    and locale_language != system_language:

	To repeat the issue I can run the following:

# /usr/bin/python3 /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a AU -D 323614
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py", line 150, in <module>
    sys.exit(main("movie",'tmdb3.py'))
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py", line 127, in main
    xml = buildSingle(args[0], opts)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/lookup.py", line 138, in buildSingle
    if loc_posters[0].language != locale_language \
IndexError: list index out of range

	This finds the related documentary but it has no associated movie.posters and this causes loc_posters to be assigned an empty list leading to the IndexError.

	I wasn't sure how best to report this, the mythtv.org site links to code.mythtv.org/trac while github has its own issues page https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues.

	I was just wondering how best to make developers aware of the problem and my suggested fix?

Cheers,

Doug
--
"The big print giveth and the small print taketh away."