[mythtv-users] Stupid Fire Stick Match Frame Rate feature

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:06:51 UTC 2021

On 3/30/21 6:53 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 27/03/2021 19:55, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>
>> Another option may be to use a splitter to pass the hdmi to the tv
>> and the audio system.
>
> That did it. With the Firestick connected to my TV via an audio
> extractor, rather via my AV received, the match-original-frame-rate
> feature works perfectly, without any of the fiddling around that was
> previously required each time I turned everything on. Also the AV
> received is reporting that it is receiving dolby digital and I can
> hear the surround sound effects.
>
> Thanks for that great suggestion. I've been struggling with this
> problem for what may be years now. It's great to have it fixed at last.
>
> Now, all I need is for Netflix to take supplying a video service
> seriously and fix their app. :-)

Let me compare what you are seeing with Netflix. I've made several
updates to our TV viewing setup.

1. I tried a new FireTV 4K stick instead of a Shield TV on the Den TV.

2. I upgraded the bedroom Sony with FireTV 4K to a New Samsung UHD with
same FireTV 4K.

FireTV can adjust Matching Framerate fine on Amazon Prime Video and
reports it, but Netflix does NOT.

So I back to having Framerate issues regardless of FireTV or Shield TV.

So my current solution is to use Nvidia Shield TV since it works better
on mythfrontend than FireTV. Leanfront is really good on both.

I'm relegated to using the Samsung TV apps for Netflix and Prime Video.
I called Netflix about the matching framerate issue with their app on
FireTV and they just said to call Amazon.

Jim A