[mythtv-users] Recorded wrong channel

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:04:57 UTC 2021

On 3/23/21 5:46 AM, John Hoyt wrote:
> Another thought is that the STB the HDPVR is connected to received a
> firmware upgrade and needs some manual intervention to dismiss some
> menus.  This happens to me almost every STB firmware upgrade on verizon.

I had this happen enough times that I turned my channel-changer into a
wrapper a long time ago:

# The menu button will turn on the STB if it's off
/usr/local/bin/6200ch.bin -g <GUID> -m

# If it wasn't off, press escape thrice
sleep 0.5
/usr/local/bin/6200ch.bin -g <GUID> -e
sleep 0.5
/usr/local/bin/6200ch.bin -g <GUID> -e
sleep 0.5
/usr/local/bin/6200ch.bin -g <GUID> -e

sleep 0.5
# Actually change the channel
touch /tmp/6200ch_was_here
/usr/local/bin/6200ch.bin -g <GUID> -4 $1

The downside is that channel changing via the HD-PVR source with this
change is slow enough to be unpleasant.  On the other hand, I don't
really even think about watching live TV much, and I'm pretty sure that
I have fewer surprises in my recordings since making that change.

-WD