[mythtv-users] Wots happening

James jam at tigger.ws
Mon Mar 22 13:08:02 UTC 2021

> On 22 Mar 2021, at 5:55 pm, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
>
> On 20/03/2021 01:50, James Linder wrote:
>> I mostly use mythweb, but was fooling around
>> Secure Connection Failed
>> An error occurred during a connection to sandypit.home:6544. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
>

> Port 6544 is the default backend port, and is not an SSL port.
>
> Are you trying to make an https connection to the backend on that port?
>
> If so, I would not expect this to work

Stuart no, normal bookmark access to http://
What I found most interesting was that as soon as internet service resumed all returned to normal.
My local network has DNS and DHCP server. I just queried lest we tried to access http://somewhere.strange <http://somewhere.strange/>
Since all is working nah wurries, but oneday we might depreciate mythweb in favour of the backend server and a heads up in advance might be useful

James