[mythtv-users] Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 17:40:39 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 1:30 PM Leo Butler via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> I have an up-to-date v31 from mythbuntu's ppa. I am encountering the
> same issue as Jay reports. Here are the two lines from the log file
> after I updated the inetref on a previously recorded show:
>
> 33166: Mar  4 06:18:33 mythtv-server mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[103772]: I MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:217
> (run) Returning Metadata Results: The Equalizer 1 17
>
> 33210: Mar  4 06:18:38 mythtv-server mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[103819]: I MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:217
> (run) Returning Metadata Results: The Equalizer 1 4
>
> I think the first line is referring to an episode in the old series.
>
> There is no line in the log file with the command that is being run, as
> there was in 0.29.
>
> Leo

There exist 1 movie and 3 tv recordings/series with the
name "The Equalizer".
Each of the TV grabber has deficiencies finding the episode
for "The Equalizer" "It Takes a Village".

tvmaze does not find a fanart, but displays the
correct coverart.

tmdb3tv does not find anything, only if you fill in
the correct season and episode numbers,
then it finds the correct coverart and fanart.

ttvdb returns metadata for the old series, one needs
to change the title to "The Equalizer (2021)".

As already said, it is necessary to remove the artworks
from the database and delete the files in the
storage groups to allow mythtv to update them again.

I found the following calls to the grabber scripts in the
log files for the frontend and mythmetadatalookup.log
(at the backend):

tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N "The Equalizer" "It Takes a Village"
tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N 47929 "It Takes a Village"
tvmaze.py -l en -a US -M "The Equalizer"
tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N "The Equalizer" "It Takes a Village"
tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 95205 "It Takes a Village"
tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -C 95205
ttvdb.py -l en -a US -M "The Equalizer"
ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N "The Equalizer (2021)" "It Takes a Village"
ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 382327 "It Takes a Village"

The queries have been performed by
"E --> Metadata Options --> Perform Query" on the recording rule, and
"M --> Job Options --> Begin Metadata Lookup" on the recording itself.

Roland