[mythtv-users] channel confusion

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Mar 7 11:33:00 UTC 2021

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 08:12:06 +0100, you wrote:

>On 07/03/2021 03:58, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> The normal procedure for doing full filesystem checks requires that
>> you boot from a different partition (if you have more than one
>> bootable system on the PC), or boot from a live disk or USB, or use a
>> PXE network boot.  The reason for this is that there is no way to do a
>> filesystem check on the boot partition while the system is running
>> from it.
>
>The way I do this is to configure all of my filesystems (I use ext4
>across the board) to be checked at every boot, by means of the -c 1
>parameter to tune2fs. Including the root fs (from which the system also
>boots).

That must make it really slow to boot, even if it can fsck the drives
in parallel.  I could not do that, as the full fsck time for my worst
partition (a JFS one) is over 10 minutes.  I think it is a lot more
actually, but I have never waited around for it to finish to find out.
I just go away and do something else and come back much later.