[mythtv-users] channel confusion

Ross Boylan rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sat Mar 6 20:06:21 UTC 2021

It looks as if things internal to the myth database are not the problem.
In the channel table each of the mixed up channels has a different xmltvid,
freqid, and mplexid.  Each has the same sourceid (I have only 1).
In dtv_multiplex each mplexid has its own frequency.

Looking in the program table, the first overlap (same show at same time)
was 2021-02-27 06:00, although it doesn't seem to have become regular until
2021-02-28 18:30:00.  So the recent lockup may have nothing to do with the
problem.  The entries could have been mangled after they were created, but
my notes show I noticed problems with 65.3 listings on 02-28 just after I
created a rule.  This was NOT while mythfilldatabase was running, which
does suggest a local problem.

I had a bunch of network problems in the week before that, and the
partition the database was on filled a month before that.

And I haven't made any attempt to verify what's in ~mythtv/.mythtv/cache,
which has lots of stuff for mythfilldatabase.