[mythtv-users] trouble with CSPAN channels

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Mar 6 17:56:58 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 9:00 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/6/21 10:35 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
>

> I have no idea how to troubleshoot this, or whether the problem is likely
> with Comcast, my equipment, MythTV Software, or Schedules Direct. As far as
> I know, the CSPAN channels are the only ones I should be able to get
> (according to the published channel listings in my area) that I can't.
>

> cannot record
>
> The channels may be set to copy-once or copy-never, which means mythtv
> canot record the channels. There should be a way of checking it with hd
> homerun prime.

If that's what's happening, of course I'm screwed. It will be easier and
cheaper to just give in and rent one of their boxes. If I can't get it
THEN, it will clearly be their fault. I don't really need to record the
CSPAN channels, just live TV access is required.

I haven't seen any way to check it using hdhomerun_config_gui . The channel
numbers do not correspond to Comcast channel numbers in the lineup; they
stop at channel 158, and they're called "physical channel numbers" and I
don't know any way to figure out where a given cable channel would be found.

--Greg