[mythtv-users] mythweb not working after .31 upgrade

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 19:45:27 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 7:37 PM Tony Guadagno <tonyg at guadagno.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I recently upgraded from .29 to .31fixes and ubuntu from 18 to 20 and all
> is working quite well, with one exception. MythWeb is throwing this:
>

> Fatal Error
>

> !!NoTrans: The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [#2054]
>

> I did some googling and found these, but the fixes did not work for me. https://bobcares.com/blog/mysql-the-ser
> ... he-client/
> <https://bobcares.com/blog/mysql-the-server-requested-authentication-method-unknown-to-the-client/>
>
> Can anyone give me a clue on how to fix this?
>
> thanks in advance!
>

> Tony

Please explain your setup:
Do you use a combined MythTV Frontend/Backend?
Is the MythTV Backend configured for multiple Frontends?
Please report the output of

mysql --user=mythtv --password --host=localhost --execute="SELECT * FROM
settings WHERE value LIKE 'BackendServer%' OR value LIKE 'MasterServer%'
ORDER BY value" mythconverg

The password is stored in $HOME/.mythtv/config.xml

Roland