[mythtv-users] mythweb not working after .31 upgrade

Tony Guadagno tonyg at guadagno.org
Thu Mar 4 18:34:45 UTC 2021

Hi
I recently upgraded from .29 to .31fixes and ubuntu from 18 to 20 and all is working quite well, with one exception. MythWeb is throwing this:

Fatal Error

!!NoTrans: The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [#2054]

I did some googling and found these, but the fixes did not work for me. https://bobcares.com/blog/mysql-the-ser ... he-client/<https://bobcares.com/blog/mysql-the-server-requested-authentication-method-unknown-to-the-client/>

Can anyone give me a clue on how to fix this?

thanks in advance!

Tony