[mythtv-users] Fwd: backend (?) crash

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 12:14:31 UTC 2021

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 21:15, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 20:03, Mary Strimel <mary.strimel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much for the explanation and info.
>>

>>> [klaas at modu ~]$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconvergYes
>>>
>>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> update capturecard set reclimit=1,schedgroup=0
>>>

>>  Will this work if I have mysql and not MariaDB?
>> I don't claim expertise in mysql but I've been able to run various
>> commands as needed for mythtv, so I think I could do it.
>>

> Yes this will work, there is no difference in mysql and MariaDB for this.
>
> Yesterday I fixed this in master (pre-v32) and v31/fixes. It will probably
take some time before the packages are updated.
When you have installed the latest you can then:
- delete the HDPVR capturecard
- create a new one
- create the Input Connection to the video source
and then it should be OK.
You can use the SQL command given before to verify if the database is
correct:

> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select
> cardid,parentid,videodevice,cardtype,inputname,sourceid,reclimit,schedgroup
> from capturecard;

Klaas.