[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony remote replacement - SofaBaton U1 ?

Gavin Whitehead gavinwhiteheadmail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 10:57:32 UTC 2021

On 20/06/2021 17:34, Gavin Whitehead wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Sadly my logitech harmony remote is finally giving up; there are now
> too many non-functioning keys to make it viable.
>
> That, plus the sad/annoying news that logitech have EOL'd Harmony
> means I need an alternative.  It just needs to drive a Panasonic TV
> and the MythTV box (MCE, lirc).
>
> Does anyone use the SofaBaton U1?
>
>     http://www.sofabaton.com/u1.html
>
> Is it any good?
>
> Or does anyone have a suggestion for alternatives?
>

> Gavin

Folks,

As usual your replies have been both informative and useful.

In the end I have decided to stick with Logitech so I am now in several
bidding wars on ebay :).  Hopefully I can get something that will work
until either (a) a decent replacement for Logitech Harmony appears or
(b) my watching habits change such that MythTV is no longer required - a
thought that hadn't even occurred to me over the last eleven years until
I read the "The future of MythTV" thread.

Thanks again,

Gavin