[mythtv-users] UK - ITV4 channel change

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jun 28 08:32:33 UTC 2021

On 28/06/2021 08:56, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 28/06/2021 05:25, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 15:27:49 +0100, you wrote:
>>
>>> I discovered yesterday that I have my own scheduling curiosity.
>>>
>>> I cusomarily record the Tour de France, which is broadcast on ITV4, usually channel 24. Yesterday I
>>> had the option of watching it live and discovered that channel 24 was "not available"; looked in the
>>> EPG and found it had moved to 25.
>>>
>>> This morning it occurred to me to find out what I had actually recorded on 24 yesterday. What I
>>> found was a low-bitrate broadcast of the Tour, exactly as I had watched, but with one oddity: The
>>> only sound was ambient. That is, I had the motorbike noise, crowds, even the two major crashes, but
>>> no commentary. Oddly this even extended to the adverts! Perfect high-quality adverts /with music/
>>> but no voices!
>>>
>>> Now about to do a rescan existing channels :(
>>
>> There may be other audio channels with the normal sound - see if
>> M(enu) > Audio has a "Select audio track" option, which is present
>> whenever there is more than one audio track in a recording file.
>
> Yes.  This might be related to (fixed) issue #351, where the new code follows stream changes instead
> of sticking with the structure it first thought of.

Thank you. I'm still on v30 but I'll take a look. I have suspicions that a recent OS update (Debian
Buster) may have scrambled my audio configurations.

I have no time at present to organize an upgrade to v31. What isn't broken, etc.

Listening to the crowd was somewhat spooky, though.

--

Mike Perkins