[mythtv-users] UK schedules direct channels gone dark

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 13:05:49 UTC 2021

On 27/06/2021 13:32, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 27/06/2021 12:23, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> On 27/06/2021 13:10, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>> Anyone else in the UK, using schedules direct, seeing BBC2 HD, ITV, and
>>> 5 showing nothing but "To Be Announced"?
>>
>> No. I'm getting data via lineup GBR-1000014-DEFAULT
>
> I'm using GBR-1000083-DEFAULT and missing data for channel ids 50059,
> 67073 and 50717. Are any of those in your lineup?

Yes: 50059. (I'm in Belgium and we only get the Beeb here). And my last
overnight run did yield data for that channel.

Note that a little while ago I had an issue whereby the SDJSON XMLTV
grabber failed before downloading all data. I first reported this to SD,
and Robert suggested decreasing the chunk size. (This required a simple
patch to the grabber as this isn't configurable).

So decreasing the chunk size from 5000 to 250 made it work.

Robert then suggested reporting the matter to the XMLTV project which I
did here:

https://github.com/XMLTV/xmltv/issues/137

However the problem disappeared before we were able to diagnose its
cause. The (unpatched) grabber is now once again working here.