[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony remote replacement - SofaBaton U1 ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 25 11:10:52 UTC 2021

On 06/23/2021 07:04 PM, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 4:56 PM John P Poet wrote:
>

>     Logitech has stated that they will be keeping the Harmony servers
>     up even though they are no longer making the remotes. Best Buy
>     still has some version in stock at MSRP:
>
>     https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech/logitech-harmony/pcmcat748300594440.c?id=pcmcat748300594440
>
>     John
>

> It's good that they will have the servers.  I have a complete backup
> hub and remote in storage in case my current one fails.  I probably
> should set it up now to match the current one.
>
> Jim A

Haven't tried any of this, yet, but there's always

https://www.phildev.net/harmony/

to program the Harmony and

https://github.com/cdegroot/harmony

to control your Harmony Hub from a computer and the fact that the
Harmony remote emulates a keyboard when paired with a Logitech Unifying
Receiver

https://haukcode.wordpress.com/2015/04/16/hacking-the-harmony-rf-remote/

and/or the ability to use the codes directly, once deciphered, as

https://haukcode.wordpress.com/2015/04/16/hacking-the-harmony-rf-remote/#comment-480
https://github.com/HakanL/harmony-remote-arduino

that all provide some options, at least while your hardware lasts.

Mike