[mythtv-users] Mythtv feature

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 13:15:17 UTC 2021

On 6/19/21 5:48 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-06-18 at 09:15 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> FWIW Leanfront has a recently viewed list that is configurable.
> Neat. Is that a purely client-side feature or does it build on data
> held on the backend?
Client side, so each firestick with leanfront has its own recently
viewed list.
> I had been wondering recently about adding a "In Progress" group to
> "Watch Recordings" in myth-fe which simply includes anything with a
> bookmark set.

Leanfront "recently viewed" also includes "watched" shows, which will
not have a bookmark. It also includes deleted shows as long as you have
a delay on physical delete set in MythTV.

A problem with finding all recordings with a bookmark is that the
bookmark lookup is a separate call and looking up bookmarks for hundreds
of shows may be slow. (This applies to leanfront, which uses the service
api, Mythfrontend may not have that problem).