[mythtv-users] Rasberry Pi 4 - New FE

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Jun 12 02:16:41 UTC 2021

On 2021-06-11 4:40 a.m., Adam Skinner wrote:

>      > I've just got a new Rasberry Pi 4 as a Frontend only.  The wiki
>     has been a
>      > useful source of information and I've had mixed success.

> I've just got to figure out how to get Myth TV to work with some of the
> buttons on my basic usb fake keyboard/mouse remote control.
>
> As the Pi runs without X , these buttons are not recognised by Myth -
> but the same remotes all work fine and the buttons are seen in Myths
> edit keys when X runs on x86.
>
> I can see the button presses using showkey and evtest  ( KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
> KEY_VOLUMEUP  KEY_HOMEPAGE) but trying to set them inside Myth Frontends
> Settings->Edit Keys have the error: Pressed Key Not Recognised
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

It's back to the wiki at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HID_Remotes

I've been using the ir_keytable method set out on that page, with
success and dispensed with lirc. You re-map the keys *before* they are
passed to your program (or X if you are running X). Basically turns your
remote into a keyboard so KEY_VOLUMEDOWN is interpreted as ].

Geoff