[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:29:51 UTC 2021

On 6/8/21 5:57 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> It might be possible to start a recording, check the available
> streams, and abort on a language-set mismatch.
>
> I just had a BBC FOUR recording that started at 18:58 and now plays
> fine in master, but the stream analysis in my cutting script saw 0
> video streams and aborted.  It worked after dropping the first 45 MB
> of the file.  Needs a probe offset...
>
> John P

I don't know how things are in Europe, but in the USA the language for
an audio track is normally garbage. They typically have two audio
tracks, one labeled English and one labeled Spanish. The Spanish track
has a low-quality copy of the English track, a descriptive audio track,
or nothing. I have never found a case where it contains Spanish audio.

Peter