[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Jun 5 17:20:48 UTC 2021

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 11:11:21 -0500, you wrote:

>> I wonder if schedules direct might consider a premium service that
>integrates
>commercial marking data from one of the commercial services.
>
>I think this was looked into, and the issue was programs offsets. You add 2m
>of preroll, but I add 5m. So now the EDL needs to be scaled for each user.

That should not be a real problem as the MythTV database stores the
actual start time of a recording plus the scheduled start time, so it
knows what the preroll is for any recording.  This is already used for
an optional feature in the frontend where it will start playback at
the scheduled start time instead of the start of the recording.

What is a problem though is that lots of broadcasters do not actually
start their programming at the scheduled times.