[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jun 4 22:12:37 UTC 2021

On 04/06/2021 21:54, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 04/06/2021 20:39, Per Jessen wrote:
>>
>> Also, the ability to specify the language of the audio stream(s) when
>> recording would be nice - I get lots of recordings in languages I don't
>> understand.
>
> Playback in Mythfrontend has the NEXTAUDIO key, by default + , which ought to step through the
> available options.  For DVB-T/T2 in the UK I think that usually gives an
> audio-description-for-the-visually-handicapped track, but you will probably have others.

Perhaps there should be a way to specify the desired language in setup or the recording rule? Use
that if it exists and if not, a suitable default?

I wouldn't think that multiple language options would be thought a priority to a US user, but there
are french and spanish services, if not other local language transmissions.

--

Mike Perkins