[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Fri Jun 4 20:17:25 UTC 2021

> So the question is what improvements would you like to see in MythTV in the future that would persuade you to continue to use it? Would you like to see better support for YouTube
> for example or a better video media library. Better music player? Support for IPTV services? What plugins do you use?  What plugins would you like to see? Are you happy with the
> user interface or would you like to see a more modern one?

Hi,

I have been a user for 10y+ and we continue to use it all the time. Its great and huge thanks to the developers and those who support on this list.

I run it on CentOS 7 and are currently on 0.29, I want to update but frankly don't have the time. I use it as a backend with Kodi on Windows on the front - it's a pragmatic solution, means we can do other things with the frontend, can update the OS easily and Kodi has soooooo many plugins.

Want I want
I really want some way to re-organize recordings in an easy manner. Something through MythWeb would be desirable with drag and drop being absolutely fantastic. I have Doctor Who in so many areas because of the different titles not to mention movie franchises like James Bond, Despicable, Cars and so on.

In New Zealand we still get a good selection of FTA and no encryption so, yeah, keep it rockin'

Tony