[mythtv-users] Ceton vs multirec questions

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jul 29 02:24:42 UTC 2021

On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:59:42 -0400, you wrote:

>Yeah.  I've read that you may need that latest beta to tune copy-once
>channels, and that's the firmware which may leak.  So part of my testing
>may be to install that latest firmware, see if I can tune such channels
>(most of them are ones I don't subscribe to anyway, so I'll have to find
>one which I do), and then write something which reboots the Ceton every
>so often when it's not currently recording.  (That last part is easy
>---send it a magic URL.)

You might want to take a look at my "gaps" program for how to find out
when it is safe to reboot the Ceton:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/gaps

Gaps does not allow for the "soft" pre- and post-roll settings, so on
my system where they are set to the defaults of 60 seconds, recordings
usually stop one minute after when gaps says they do (and end a minute
earlier).  So if I was automating a reboot, I would allow two minutes
after when gaps says a gap starts.  You can tell gaps how big a gap
between recordings you are looking for and it will only report gaps
bigger than that.