[mythtv-users] [Solved] Waiting for database upgrade schema lock error

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 23:58:18 UTC 2021

Hi Folks!

Answering myself to give a couple of potential solutions to someone else
stumbling on this thread.

First, someone else had a similar problem – see “Mythfrontend database
schema upgrade lock” at
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4481&p=22151&hilit=Waiting+for+database+upgrade+schema+lock&sid=2c5494bc0fbaffa2ff05e975b0603533#p22151
<https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4481&p=22151&hilit=Waiting+for+database+upgrade+schema+lock&sid=2c5494bc0fbaffa2ff05e975b0603533#p22151>

I intended to give that a try that but wanted to have a couple of
backups available; had several ‘But First’ issues slow my progress down.
One of them may have fixed the problem. Late this morning one of my
Ethernet Switches failed; nothing but a blue ‘on’ light. Swapped out to
get myself back on-line.

This evening intended to try the referenced thread; checked to be sure
still having problems but the Frontend went to MythTV menu properly and
is working fine! Tested and the other Frontend that was erroring now
works again! Yea!!!

So I had not rebooted the Backend; the two Frontends had been rebooted
previously but didn’t fix anything. So far me seems like the failure of
the Ethernet Switch and subsequent disconnect and reconnect of the
network wiring fixed the problem.

Barry