[mythtv-users] Ceton vs multirec questions

Per Hatlevik jakeisawake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 03:54:41 UTC 2021

I used a ceton and hdhomerun prime for many years and if you are using
cablecard you can't do multirec as far as I know. Maybe the same channel on
a pre/post roll could do multiple recordings but I've never seen that!

With a cable card the card downloads a channelmap so each channel is a
vchannel on it's own frequency and there are no multiplexes like there are
over ATSC AFAIK.

I have been only OTA since 2016 so maybe I am dating myself!

PS the olympics in 2016 basically KILLED my ceton eth 6 recording Olympics
on 6 tuners basically 24x7 for two weeks. Put a fan on it!