[mythtv-users] Easy toggle slow-normal playback speed?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 21 12:09:01 UTC 2021

On 07/19/2021 12:43 AM, DryHeat122 wrote:
> I frequently have the need to watch a small part of a recording in
> slow motion.  I found that one can do this by issuing keyboard "a".
>
> This brings up an interface where you can increment or decrement
> playback % (plus or minus) by using a slider that operates with
> successive presses of the l/r arrow keys.

or the up/down keys (Global/UP and Global/DOWN), which do 0.25
increments/decrements versus the 0.05 increments of the left/right keys

>   That's one press to bring up the interface, plus five presses to
> slow by 50%,

2 with down

> five.presses to go back to normal,

or 1 with TV Playback/TOGGLESTRETCH

> then one ESC to close the interface. Twelve presses to accomplish.

and then 1 with TV Playback/TOGGLESTRETCH to go to your last-used (0.5x)
time stretch speed (so after going to 0.5x once, you can return to it
with one keypress until you exit playback).  Note that TOGGLESTRETCH
defaults to "last-used" 1.5x when first entering playback.

Mike