[mythtv-users] "Watch Videos" Mark as watched

revans revans42 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 12:12:15 UTC 2021

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 05:17:31 -0400
Al Esch <colonelguf at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 4:55 PM revans <revans42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In "Watch Videos" if you highlight a file and do "Info" you have a
> > option to "Mark as watched" or "Mark as unwatched".
> >
> > However, this information is only visible in that screen.  Is there
> > a way to have it show in some way when just looking at the list of
> > video files? I suppose there is not a way to have it show a eye
> > symbol like it does with recorded programs but some way of telling
> > a file had been marked as watched would be really handy.

> You can filter the display to only show unwatched or watched

I had never noticed that setting before so that is progress, thanks.

What would be ideal would be having a file marked as "watched", show as
a different color. A long time ago someone helped me change the
selection cursor to show as a different color by changing this in:
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu/base.xml
<!-- to give a green highlight -->
  <state name="selectedactive" from="active">
                <shape name="buttonbackground">
                    <type>roundbox</type>
                    <fill color="#00ff00" alpha="100" /> <!-- changed this entry -->
                    <cornerradius>22</cornerradius>
                 </shape>

But I don't know if that is possible.