[mythtv-users] Easy toggle slow-normal playback speed?

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 04:43:53 UTC 2021

I frequently have the need to watch a small part of a recording in slow
motion.  I found that one can do this by issuing keyboard "a".

This brings up an interface where you can increment or decrement playback %
(plus or minus) by using a slider that operates with successive presses of
the l/r arrow keys.  That's one press to bring up the interface, plus five
presses to slow by 50%, five.presses to go back to normal, then one ESC to
close the interface. Twelve presses to accomplish.

That's fine if you do this rarely, but I do it to analyze swings in PBA
tournaments. There are up to 46 swings in a game, and like five games in a
tournament.

Is there any way to set a slowdown amount preference and toggle between it
and normal with a hotkey?

I'd like to be able to watch a broadcast, detect when the bowler is
starting, hit the key to switch to slowno, wait till the ball clears the
pins, then hit the key again and get back to real time.